Simplylearn Groups give you the ability to group certain users together and assign a Group Leader who can track the progress and performance of any user in their group. Groups can have any number of courses associated with them, and anyone in that group will be automatically enrolled into the course(s).
How to Create a Group
- Navigate to SIMPLYLEARN > GROUPS
- Click Add New
- Give the group a title
- (Optional) Give the group a description
- NOTE: Description is for internal use only
When the group is created you will now have multiple options
- Assign group members. You can manually add course participants into your group by scrolling down to "group users" and select the users you want to add in the group. You can also use specific sign-up and login pages that will auto-enroll the users into the group when they sign up from that specific URL. Read more about this here.
- Assign a Group Leader. Assigning a group leader is just like assigning a group member. You just need to do this the "Group Leaders" section.
- Give course access to the entire group. When the group is created you can assign courses to the group. All members of the group will then get access to this course.
Creating a Group Leader
Before you can assign a Group Leader, you have to grant the Group Leader user role to the desired users. After doing so, they will appear for selection when you create your group.
From your WordPress admin dashboard, navigate to USERS > ALL USERS
Select the checkbox next to the desired user(s)
From the Change role to… dropdown menu, select Group Leader
- You are a teacher and you want to divide up students into classes so that you can track them independently from one another
- Your organization requires certain roles to receive specific training/courses
- You want to sell course licenses to organizations so they can purchase access for a group of their employees (requires a 3rd party add-on)
- Your course doesn’t start until a specific date and you want to grant access to all users at the same time
- You want to drip-feed lessons to users on the same schedule
- Your organization has multiple locations and you want to track progress & performance by location