Simplylearn notifications can send emails to your students after certain actions occur on your site, like completing a course, finishing a module, passing/failing a quiz, etc. You can customize when these notifications are sent, who receives them, and the entire email message itself. You can even insert dynamic content for each user, and insert different content based on the specific action that occurred.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Create a notification
- Managing existing notifications
Create a notification
To get started creating a notification…
- Navigate to SIMPLYLEARN > NOTIFICATIONS
- Click the Add New Notification button
The content of the notification
First, you need to create the content of the notifications.
- Your notification title will serve as the email subject line.
- The content will serve as the email content.
The email trigger
The email trigger is the action that will cause your email to be sent. Depending on the trigger you choose, you might see a few additional options.
For example, when choosing the “User completes a course” trigger, you can send an email each time any course is completed (“All Courses”), or select a specific course from the Course dropdown.The same options apply for specific modules, lessons & assignments notifications.
Some triggers, like those for assignments & essay questions, don’t have any additional options, and apply universally.
Depending on the email trigger you select, some shortcodes are available to display dynamic content. You can use these shortcodes in the email content section to personalize your message.
You could start off with a personal greeting by using the student’s first name:
Simplylearn Notifications - example shortcodes
[ld_notifications field="user" show="first_name"]
If your trigger involved a specific course, show the course title:
[ld_notifications field="course" show="title"]
You could also provide a link directly to the course page, encouraging the user to continue learning or download a certificate. Highlight the text you want to link, click the link icon, and insert this shortcode:
[ld_notifications field="course" show="url"]
Don’t forget to choose your trigger first, and then look at the bottom of the Add New Notification screen to see a list of all available shortcodes.
All email notifications let you choose the recipient(s). There are a few predetermined options, as well as a place for you to add custom email addresses.
- User: Check this box to send the notification to the user.
- Group Leader: If you are using Simplylearn groups, check this box to send the notification to the user’s group leader(s).
- Admin: Check this box to send the notification to all people who have the “Administrator” role assigned to them.
- You can choose one, two or all three of the above options.
For each notification, you can also provide additional email addresses. In the Additional Recipient field, enter as many emails as you’d like, separated by commas.
- Ex: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Delay specifies how many days this email is delayed after the trigger occurs. The default is 0 days, which means the email will be sent as soon as the trigger fires. You can specify a different number if you’d like your email to go out on a delay.
Managing existing notifications
You can manage your notifications from the main Notifications page. Navigate to SIMPLYLEARN > NOTIFICATIONS to access all of your existing notifications.
Some of the things you can do include:
- Search for a specific notification
- Filter your list of notifications to provide a better overview.
- Edit an existing notification by clicking the “Edit” link, or just click the notification title
- Delete a notification by clicking the “Trash” link
NOTE: Once a notifications has been published, you will not be able to edit the trigger. You will still be able to edit the content (text, images, shortcodes, etc.) and recipients. If you need to use a different trigger, please create a new notification