The "Instructor" is a user who only has access to the course creation tools of the Simplylearn platform. The purpose of this user is to create courses and nothing more. This is ideal when you need people to create courses but not to make any other edits on your platform. It can also be an optimal solution for people who are not familiar with Wordpress. The "Instructor" role is easier to use than the admin role.
How to add a new instructor
To add a new facilitator to your course, you need to be logged in as an admin.
- Hover over "Users", click on "Add New User"
- Fill in the required information.
- Choose "Instructor" as a role.
- Click "Add New".
The role is now created and the user will then get an email where they can set their own password.
You can also change the role of existing users by following the process below.
Select which courses the facilitator can edit
A course facilitator has edit access to all courses on the platform, but if you want to restrict this access, then you can adjust which courses the facilitator should have the opportunity to edit. Do the following:
- Go to the user profile of the course facilitator.
- Scroll down to "Facilitator Assigned Courses"
- Select the desired courses. To select specific courses, you need to mark these courses: use the CMD (Mac) or CTRL (Windows) and click on the courses you wish to select.